A lot of people in the graphic sector use Mac to create and edit files. Mac files don't always have an extension. The ADAM indexer anticipates this and makes sure that the file type is retrieved from other places than the file's extension.
Unfortunately, the Assets studio doesn't anticipate the use of Mac. When showing assets in details view or mosaic view, an indication "NO FILE" is shown. This is wrong for two reasons:
- There is a file, so "NO FILE" is wrong
- But even when it would say "FILE TYPE UNKNOWN", it would still be wrong. ADAM retrieves the real file type from the Mac info, so the file type is known.
So the feature request is: please show the file type as it is known by ADAM instead of showing "NO FILE" for extensionless files. This can be achieved by:
- Either using the FileVersion's FileTypeId
- Or switch between the extension and the MacType of the FileVersion
- Or implement an even better solution to this problem
view file version.png
Customer support service by UserEcho